The Dallas Cowboys set social rules for Dez Bryant
ARLINGTON, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys are not kidding around with wide receiver Dez Bryant.
The troubled wide receiver has been involved in too many incidents that have caught the eye of the public in a negative fashion and the team has stood up and provided him with a set of rules that he must abide by.
The guidelines have been in place since August 13th according to ESPN. They are as follows.
• A midnight curfew. If he’s going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;
• No drinking alcohol.
• He can’t attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones set the tempo for Dez who Jones says will help himself stay out of trouble.
“Oh yeah, very much willing to do anything he can to help himself and help the team,” Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said of Bryant. “He’s very open-minded and cooperative. He’s doing the right things by his teammates and everybody is counting on him.”
These steps were taken after Bryant’s mom called 911 and then claimed that he allegedly assaulted her.
But that incident was truly the straw that broke the camels back. Bryant has had negative light shed on him after problems in a Miami night club, a shopping mall and other public places.